A list of terms and definitions that appear in Domina.
- AU: Akamatsu University.
- Culture: The broadest level of gang in Domina, referring to the fashions and societies enabled by the toy maker.
- Subculture: A more narrow level of gang in Domina. Each culture has a number of unique subcultures, such as the hellions and the orcs for the demons. For added confusion, culture and subculture are often used interchangeably.
- District: The twenty-four parts of the city, divided by direction and Outer/Middle/Central. Occasionally called “sectors” instead.
- Domina City: The titular city, the “City of the Lady.” Meant to refer to the Virgin Mary.
- Screamers: The common name for the super-powered “zombies” currently infesting the city. Mindless, and anyone who comes in contact with any of their bodily fluids immediately becomes a screamer with the same power. The Composer calls them “chorus.”
- Singers: The common name for a variant zombie. These individuals spend their time singing, and anyone who hears the song becomes a screamer with the same power. The Composer calls them “conductors.”
- Speakers: The common name for people like the Paladins, who have powers but retain their minds. Through some unclear processes, screamers can occasionally become speakers. The Composer calls them “directors.”
- Toy Maker: Slang term for the extremely simple process of creating unique body parts from unrelated cells, named for the metaphor explaining it: “It’s like putting a child’s toy together.” This is also used to refer to several other related processes that make use of the technology, such as the virus that alters eyes.
- Toys: Any physical change to a person’s body that can be bought and sold. Both buffs and cosmos are included.
- Buffs: Any toys added by toy maker that have an actual function. Examples include muscle improvement, bone density increase, and even a simple tail.
- Cosmos: Purely cosmetic toys, such as changing eye color or adding small horns.